Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to ouput PDF formatted report to dir with VBA 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMDE

Programmer
Apr 4, 2006
How do I output a PDF formatted report with VBA to a directory without a third party software?

Thanks is advance.

You don't, you need some form of third party software, whether it's something like Adobe Distiller or even if it's just something that acts like a print queue - take a look at cutepdf.com as a free example.

As another alternative, I have been using pdfMachine, from Broadgun Software, for some time, and it is excellent. Free program from Broadgun.

All you have to do it print your report to it.

Tom

I have been able to update Excel spreadsheets that are linked to Access from within Access. Without making any changes that I am aware of, the sheets are no longer updateable. I opened the sheets from Excel and they are not locked. I don't know what has changed. I tried relinking and they are still no longer updateable. I am told that there is no change to my privileges in the folder where the files reside.

Baffled.

Just to add another great option to this thread, consider Stephen Lebans PDF writer at
Duane MS Access MVP
[green]Ask a great question, get a great answer.[/green] [red]Ask a vague question, get a vague answer.[/red]
[green]Find out how to get great answers faq219-2884.[/green]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back