Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to open Auto Saved File? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 5, 2003
US
I don't know how to open auto saved file.
I cannot change the extension to dwg file.
Please advise me.

Thank you.

Julie

hi
look in your options to see where the autosave file is stored, and what its extension is.

find the file in whatever directory its located and rename it with a ".dwg" extension.

then launch Acad.

hope this helps

sd

Thank you for your response.
i've got some error while drawing, and then I found auto saved file in temporary folder with .sv$.
I tried to change extension to .dwg, but the title doesn't show extension, so I cannot change.
When I see property of the file which shows .sv$.
How to change that?
Please advise me!!!

Go to your Windows Desktop. Open My Computer. Drop down your Tools menu. Select Folder Options. Select the View tab. Uncheck (Hide file extensions for know file types).

Hope that this helps.

Hi there
U can copy the autosave particular file into a new folder. Simply Go to MSDOS, go the THE folder & use DOS rename command. Very sure shot way.

Yeah, Jkim followed Cpnell on how to disable extension from hidden. That should work.

As for Par, that's interesting. I never that one, good old DOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back