Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to narrow a group look up by another group

Status
Not open for further replies.

tecphonelady

Vendor
Mar 21, 2003
US
Hello, using ACT! Premium 10 and I'd like to create a look up and find everyone that is a member of Group A and also Group B.

I'd also like to do a separate look up and find everyone that is a Member of Group A and NOT a Member of Group B and Group C.

Is this possible?

Thanks!

Ann

I love how every response in this forum is somebody trying to sell you something.

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the lead on that Add-on, I do think that it will help us, we will be downloading it here shortly.

wubba68 -- of all the people to pick on, Mike is on this board 24x7 helping people with ACT!

Ann

That doesn't change the fact that I rarely see any solutions posted on here that don't involve purchasing a 3rd party product for ACT!

Mike,

Just wanted to let you know that GroupIT worked great, did exactly what I needed it to do and it was really easy to use.

Thanks again for the tip, you saved us hours of work.

Ann

wubba68,

There are two reasons people post to a place like this:

1. They have an issue cased by a bug or corruption in the product - very few of these with the current version

2. They want to know how to do something that they can't work out. For this there are two options:
a) It's in the product and, I may either add a link to the Knowledge base (try a search here for KB) or other article (like my blog, linked below with lots of free info) or, if none available, I'll post the steps. This is often quite new users as ACT! is one of the easier products to learn and use.
b) It's a function that hasn't had enough requests to be added to the product so far. One of the good things about ACT! is it's powerful and flexible SDK which has enabled many hundreds of add-ons that fill the need of various niche groups of users. Most of these are inexpensive (some I use are free). But they all fill a specific need that, when big enough, often ends up becoming redundant as Sage adds the function to the product.

If they were all added to the product, it would likely be a 3-5K per user (like Dynamics or SalesLogix), not a $500 investment. people can buy the base product and add extra functions/tools as they need.

All that being said, I thought I'd point out that, even though I answer nearly every post here and several other forums, I don't sell ACT! and don't sell product or services to end-users. I try to provide the best solution that answers the question, but don't make anything from it no-matter which of the type of questions above.

I hope this clears it up for you?

Regards,
Mike Lazarus
ACT! Evangelist
GL Computing, Aust
Join the LinkedIN ACT! Fanatics Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back