Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to move temporary internet files folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsasha

Technical User
Feb 20, 2003
CA
Hi All,
What's the best way to move the location of the Temporary Internet Files folder from C:\Windows to C:\documents and settings\%username%\Temporary Internet Files for all users on a Windows 2003 Server running Metaframe XP. We have some issues where certain Outlook attachments do not open and we think we narrowed problem down to the location of this folder.
I was under the impression that by default temporary intrnet files folder on W2K3 server residers in a user profile, but I guess I was wrong.

Thanks.

rsasha,
If you are using A/D...you can accomplish that by a GPO.
If you don't, then you can create a local policy that will do that on those Citrix servers.

Hope that helps.

I looked into group policy but could not locate the setting. If you know where the option is, could you please post the path to it?

Thanks.

Hi

The Temporary Internet Files is located in the users profile under, \Documents and Settings\%username%\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files, so there are no need to change this.

I think it could be the default security restrictions on Outlook attachments that's preventing some attachments from
opening.

/Regards Bo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back