Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to move one server to another server 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

puliraja10

Programmer
Jul 19, 2007
US
Hi,

I installed BO XI R2 one server. I deployed all reports in my CMC. i gave all database connections and schuedling timings to all reports. But i want to move the entire software to one server to another server with reports and database connections everything.. is there any tool for moving one server to another server..

Thanks for Advanced.

Thanks

Raja..

Hi,

According to my knowledge.. using IMPORT WIZARD we can move the server from one place to another place.. is it correct r not?.. can any one suggest me?..

Thanks
Raja..

Hi Raja,

With the manual CMS data base migration you can import each and every object and also its credentials what you currently had in your database. Here are the steps to migrate your CMS database manually.

NOTE: - Take the back up of the CMS Database and FileStore
1. Stop all Enterprise services on both systems (source and destination) using the Central Configuration Manager (CCM).
2. On the destination Enterprise system, start the CCM and stop the service 'Central Management Server'.
3. Right-click on the 'Central Management Server' service and click 'Properties'.
4. In the 'Configuration' tab, click 'Specify'. The 'CMS Database Setup' dialog appears.
5. Select the option 'Copy data from another Data Source'. The 'Specify Data Source' dialog appears.
6. From the 'Source Contains Data from Version' box, select 'Business Objects Enterprise XI'.
7. Click 'Specify' next to the field 'Get Data From' and enter the connection information to the source CMS database. Click 'OK'. The copying process begins.
8. When the copying process has finished, from the CCM, right-click on the 'Central Management Server' and click 'Properties'.
9. In the 'Configuration' tab, change the name of the cluster of the destination Enterprise system to a chosen name (by default the cluster name is the name of the hosting server).
10. Manually copy the directory 'FileStore' from the source Enterprise system to the destination Enterprise system.
11. Go to the Authorization management area in Central Management Console and check that your BusinessObjects Enterprise license keys are entered correctly.
12. In the CCM, start and enable the Input File Repository Server and the Output File Repository Server.
13. Go to the Servers management area of the Central Management Console and verify that the Input File Repository Server and the Output File Repository Server are both started and enabled.
14. Click the link to each File Repository Server and, on the Properties tab, check that the Root Directory points to the correct location IN CMC (Central Management Console).
15. Return to the Central Configuration Manager.
16. If objects in your source database require updating, the Update Objects button on the toolbar contains a flashing red exclamation mark. Click Update Objects.
17. When prompted, log on to your CMS with credentials that provide you with administrative privileges to BusinessObjects Enterprise. The Update Objects dialog box tells you how many objects require updating. Objects typically require updating because their internal representation has changed in the new version of BusinessObjects Enterprise, or because the objects require new properties to support the additional features offered by BusinessObjects Enterprise XI. Because your Central Management Server was stopped when the migration
occurred, you need to update the objects now.
18. If there are objects that require updating, click Update, otherwise click Cancel.
19. Start and enable the remaining BusinessObjects Enterprise servers. Verify that BusinessObjects Enterprise requests are handled correctly, and check that you can view and schedule reports successfully.

Thanks Sudha for ur valuable solution.

Thanks
Raja

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back