Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to move docs to new universe/respository

Status
Not open for further replies.

rpyneuk

MIS
Jul 13, 2001
GB
I have some documents and the copy of the universe from one of our clients.

I have exported the universe into our own repository (which is named differently to the clients), however when I open the documents in BO I get DA0011 cannot access repository.

I am am to create and run new reports though.

Has anyone else experienced this ? / Know of a way around ?

Thanks
Russ.

You can try to log in as a General Supervisor that is in your new repo. Then point those docs to the new universe. That should do it.

V

Even logged in as the general supervisor and going Data>View Data>Defination>Universe still foes not allow the universe selection to be changed.

There are a couple more things that could be affecting you. When the client universe is saved it needs to be using a personal or shared connection and the save for all users flag on the File/Save dialogue box must be checked.

The reports must also have the file saved for all users flag checked when they are saved.

Good luck

Hi,

Which version of Business are you using?
I know that there are some problems like yours solved in the latest versions of BusinessObjects (5.1, 5.1.1 or 5.1.2)

Have a like on for le latest version

GKar

Thanks all for the help - it seems to be something in version 5 by my reckoning, doing the reserve and taking changed stuff back to the 5.1.2 repository does not present any problems only when going to a 5.0 universe do we get the problems.

Upgrade on the way now anyway.

Thanks

Hi,
here is the info from the Error Message Guide:

===Cannot find the [name] universe. (DA0011)

Cause

You may get this message when refreshing a report or trying to edit data. This means that the report cannot find the universe in the file system or in the repository (if in enterprise mode).

There are several possible reasons for this:

The report was created on a different machine with a local universe.

The designer has not exported the universe to the repository.

The name of the universe has changed (when you are in workgroup mode or when the universe has not yet been exported).

The universe file (.unv) has been deleted from the subfolder of the Universe folder.

The universe has been disabled in Supervisor.

The universe no longer exists.

Action

If the name or the location has changed from the original:

Select Data > View Data > Definition tab.

Click the button with the three periods (...) to the right of the universe name (in the General group box).

Select the universe from the Change Universe dialog box, and click OK.
If you do not have the universe in your file system, ask the designer to export it to the repository or copy it locally to your file system if this is a local connection.

I hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back