Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to monitor Avaya systems ? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glloq007

Technical User
Nov 22, 2005
LU
Hi,

As I'm nubbies with Avaya product, does someone could explain me where I can find technical documentation to implement SNMP or RMON services on What's Up software ?

In fact, for example, we'd like to know when DS1 link goes down or how many channels are used on the same time.
I can not find an official Avaya's document describing the information provided by theirs MIB's.

Thanks for your help

What exactly are you trying to do with your system Glloq007??

Are you wanting alarm monitoring? Please post the systems also.

Let me know and I'll try to help.

Hell, there are no rules here - we're trying to accomplish something.
Thomas A. Edison

For the best response to a question, read faq690-6594

Hi,

Thank you very much for your help.
First of all, I would like to apologize for my bad english. Indeed, french is my mother tongue.

About the Avaya system, we have S8700.
Like you said in your previous message, we'd like to monitor alarm generated by the Avaya system.
Perhaps we could go more in deep. For example, we'd like to know when a public link (PRI or BRI) goes down.
We have purchased and installed the application What's Up. This application understand SNMP protocol and many others.
In this way, I try to configure this application to connect to SNMP agent inside the Avaya system.

My requests are very simple:
1. Where to find an official document from Avaya explaining how to configure SNMP services ?
2. What kind of information could we obtained with SNMP protocol?
3. If we want more information, such as performance monitor, what could expect or hope as results ?
4. I received MIB from Avaya support but without comments. They are too many information into these MIB, and it's not easy to decode all instances included in the MIB.
The only answer received from Avaya is : for a "few" dollars, we can provide you a system engineer which could help you to implement your needs...

Best regards

I use the IRISnGEN product from Teltronics, a few people on here use Alamrtraq

First of all, I would like to apologize for my bad english. Indeed, french is my mother tongue.

No need. we help people all over the world. I took a minute to look at "What's up" and it looks like it may be more geard towards the network side of things. That being said, what rgtrgt said holds true and more geared for the Avaya telecomm side.

If you do a search at the top of the page for "Alamrtraq" you can find a lot of useful information on it in here. I went to their site the other day and they looked to offer a 30 day fre trial version. You may want to download it and try it out. It would work better as it is more suited for Avaya products and a lot of people here use it and love it.

Hell, there are no rules here - we're trying to accomplish something.
Thomas A. Edison

For the best response to a question, read faq690-6594

contact me & i can get you set up with PBX monitoring down to the station level

Hi rgtrgt,

Wrigh now I am trying to configure sending SNMP traps on S8720 to Alarmtraq but it is not working properly, seems that problem is with S8720 settings. Can you help me out?

Thanks and Regards,
MichalPol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back