Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to modify the paging system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CSNewbie2

MIS
Sep 8, 2008
US
I have a CS1000s. Right now our paging only pages to our PA system. How do I set it so the users has the option to page 1) PA only, 2) phone speakers only, or 3) both?

There is not a feature to page over phone speakers. It can be done with a lot of headaches, but even then, only 20 sets at a time (large systems) or 5 at a time (small systems)

GHTROUT.com | FAQs | Recent Replies

If you have IP Phones, then you can use the Nortel Application Gateway 2000 to page through the phone speakers.

We have another office with a BCM system and it was setup that way for them. So I thought I can do the same with the CS1000. Oh well.

The BCM is loosely based on the Norstar setup, thats why it is able to page over the phones.

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

two very unique worlds.. bcm/norstar are key systems.. smaller usually.. cs1000, pbx and usually larger. the power supplies required to page over a few 1000 phones would cost more then the switch.. the only tdm interface to page is via a trunk or station port..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I have another question regarding our PA system. The sound quality is very poor. It has a lot of static when the user is paging. What do I need to check to fix this?

You need to determine if the static is coming into the amp, or just going out over the speakers. In other words, is the input quality the problem, or is it the amp, or has someone added incompatible speakers somewhere.

Test this by disconnecting everything installed today, adding one good test speaker, and a known good input source. Then amplify yourself and see how you sound.

GHTROUT.com | FAQs | Recent Replies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back