Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to Modify DW Grid Line Color

Status
Not open for further replies.

SandroHappyUFO

Programmer
Mar 30, 2005
CN
hi all,
as you know,in the grid datawindow,we can modify the column's border.
when the border is noborder,the line color is gray
when the border is box,the line color is black.
as above,how can i modify the border line color.(i have write some script to dynamic create 4 lines around the column ,but it is not so perfect.)
thanks for your idea.

I believe the color of the grid lines follows your Windows (or other OS) color-schemes. What's wrong with your dynamic 4 lines?

thanks thekl0wn
to me,dynamic 4 lines is not a good idea,eg:when the column is set to autoheight, it's hard to judge the line's position;

or any other trouble things .

I had a dw I had to do some funky stuff with a month or two ago, that involved similar problems. (I'm using PB10.5) What I did was created 2 lines on my detail band, and did the following:
Height: RowHeight( )
X1: 0 (or in your case the column X-pos)
Y1: 4
X2: (the width of my dw, or in your case the column width)
Y2: RowHeight( )
Visible: IF( GetRow( ) = CurrentRow( ), 1, 0 )

On my dw, this would creat "dynamic" lines to "select" my row. I've also created a rectangle object on the detail band, and set its position in the clicked event of the dw. This would probably work for your case if you set the backcolor of the rectangle to transparent. I know they're not the most optimal choices, but when in a pinch, they do work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back