Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to modify an auto filter 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbasram

Programmer
Sep 27, 2001
CA
Hi,

I have a spreadsheet, with auto filter, for a group of records, is it possible or a way to modify the choices in the autofilter. I mean in the pull down can i have my query ">30 days" in the date field so that if the user selects it will give all the records that are grated than 30 days instead of the user choosing the custom and then entering the values him-her/self.

Thanx

I don't believe that there is any way to do that.

Why not create another column that provides that info, and sort by that? You could even record macros that does those filters for you, and then one that does a *clear*, and put them on toolbar buttons on a custom toolbar.

rsoor,

A "natural extension" of AutoFilter, is to extract data to a separate sheet. It is part of Data - Filter - Advanced Filter.

Using this method, you could set up a button, which when clicked, would simply extract those records >30 days to your separate sheet. This method has its advantages, such as being able to more cleanly isolate the records, and you could have a "resident heading" and print settings on that separate sheet. The extraction macro could also automatically set up the print range if required.

Anyway, if you would like an example copy of such a file, just email me, and I'll attach the file via return email.

Please reference this posting so I'll know which file you are requesting.

Regards, ...Dale Watson dwatson@bsi.gov.mb.ca

Ahhhhhh, gaaaaawly, [blush] ...THANKS !!!!

What can I say, except that, coming from you, Dreamboat, means your [love2] is VERY special to me.

[love2] to you toooooo !!!

...Dale

HEY DALE

THANX FOR FOR ATTACHEMENT FILE. YOU HAVE GIVEN ME A GOOD EXAMPLE OF THE WITH THE FILE YOU SENT, I HAVE TO GO THROUGH IT THOUGHLY INORDER TO UNDERSTAND HOW THE MACROS ARE WORKING, YOU HAD BEEN A GREAT HELP, THANX FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION. I'LL TRY TO CONTACT FOR ANY FURTHER QUESTIONS.

THANX A BILLIONS.

rsoor,

Cosidering Dale was such a "GREAT HELP", i'm surprised that you didn't give him a star.

These guys/girls go to a lot of trouble to help us, and a little recognition in the community certainly doesn't hurt.
%-) Chris

It worked yesterday.
It doesn't work today.
That's Windows!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back