Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to mix Office 2000 and 2003 on Citirx 3.0? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

khalidaaa

Technical User
Jan 19, 2006
BH
Hi all,

As the title suggests, how can i run both MS Office 2000 and 2003 on a Citrix Presentation server (version 3.0)?

Regards,
Khalid

I would look at Application Isolation Environments. Be careful though - if you want applications to be able to integrate with the install of office they will need to be installed in the same isolation env.

Oh finally i got an answer! i thought i was alone with this. Thank you very much SimonMag. I'm a newbie in Citrix, so could you please elaborate more on this?

Currently i have Office 2003 (except Excel in 2000). I think the 2000 is needed for legacy applications. So i thought of installing Excel 2003 for those applications who works with 2003 and leave the 2000 as it is for old applications.

Thanks

Regards,
Khalid

I think the Application Isolation is only available in 4.0 and above!

I looked into here:

So thanks for helping me in this but can you please guide me on how to reinstall my office (as it is required to fix an application problem)

Now as i said i have 2003 with excel only in 2000. Do i need to use Microsoft Office Resource Kit?

Thanks

Regards,
Khalid

To close this, My problem was solved using the Microsoft Office Resource Kit to install Office 2003 as a whole (2000 was uninstalled)

Thanks SimonMag and have a star for helping me :)

Regards,
Khalid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back