Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to migrate from CC:Mail 8 to GroupWise 6 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pixiepoet

Technical User
Jul 25, 2002
US
I am having trouble with migrating from LOTUS CC:Mail 8 to NOVELL GroupWise 6. We have 8 users on Windows 98 workstations and our Groupwise is from our new Netware 6 Server. Novell's Support site only has information on migration from CC:Mail with OS2 into GroupWise 5.2!

I am desperate! I even tried migrating CC:Mail onto Outlook as the "middleman" and then migrate it from Outlook to Groupwise 6. Please do not suggest this solution, as I already tried it and failed.

Is there any info out there on this?

Thank you!!!!!

I did a quick scan and could not find a migrating tool for cc:Mail to GroupWise 6. A couple of years ago I migrated 300 users from cc:Mail to GroupWise 5.5 using the GroupWise gateway for cc:Mail, which ran on a NT box. This worked very well for me. I'm not sure why they wouldn't have a migration tool for GW6. Good Luck.

You can use Outlook, even though you said you tried it and it failed. What types of problems did you have? We have used Outlook as the "middleman" oin mail migrations several timesand it has worked well, as long as you know the limitations.

There should certainly be a migration from CC:MAIL, but if not, then you could always set up a "quick" GW 5.5 system, migrate directly to that using the migration agents, and then import to the GW6 you have running now. Could easily be done in a weekend for eight users. A little messy, but it wil lget you where you want to go.

Sean

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back