Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to mark copies as copies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HugoHiasl

Programmer
Dec 17, 2003
DE
Hi,

I have a little thing to realize. But until now, I didn't get a real good way to get it.

I have a report, which is an invoice report. So i just want to set a field on the report which contains the number of copy.

If a customer needs 2 sheets of the invoice, I just want to print 3 of them. The first of them should have "accounting" as copy-mark. In the second printed version the field should be blank (because it is the original invoice for the customer) and in the 3rd version there should be a "COPY" mark on the invoice.

Have I really to use a parameter field an render the report 3 times ? Or is there a way to get the information, which number of printout actually is printed ?

Thanks in advance
Oliver

Sorry to read about your little thing to realize.

When you request anything be printed from any prgram in Windows, it doesn't generally have an option to allow you to determine which copy each is.

If this is required you might write external code (using VB or some such) and launch it X times and place a field on the report to demonstrate each copy.

-k

There are other ways to do this, but you must really need the functionality and absolutely cannot use an external method of doing this.

Let me know if you want me to go into detail...

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back