Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to map the whole incard data to a field in a out card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Programmer10

Programmer
Sep 26, 2007
US
I am having a strange issue here at my work,

I have to check if the transaction fails through the map. If it fails, then I have to identify the transaction and map the complete incard data in to a field in the out card.

In simple terms, whole data to be mapped to a single field in the out card if there is any error in the map.

You need an output card with a field occurring s with no max size and use the REJECT function.

Hi there,
in case that you want to map a complex data structure in one field/item then you can use the PACKAGE function.

Best regards,
lOGotee

You may use the CONTAINSERROR() function.

Examples
Msg(s)=IF(CONTAINSERRORS(Msg:MailBag)&Type:Msg:MailBag="PRIORITY", Msg:MailBag,NONE)

In this example, if Msg:MailBag contains any object in error and Type:Msg:MailBag has a value of PRIORITY, Msg:MailBag is mapped; otherwise NONE is returned for this occurrence of Msg. This map rule returns all valid Msg’s that contain errors with a Type of PRIORITY.

In the above example, you may need to change the ordering of the components within the IF clause.

In addition, you may have to set the restart attribute in the element that you are checking the transaction failure against.

Note:The main group(against which CONTAINSERROR is being applied) should be valid though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back