Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to map "lsmap -all" information to a LPAR name

Status
Not open for further replies.

tektipsaix

Technical User
Mar 4, 2011
ZA
Hi All

How can I map the "lsmap -all" information to a LPAR name. What I basically need is: from the VIO servers to get the disks (& sizes) assigned to which LPARs managed by that VIO server.

Something like this:

VIOS: vios1

Lpar_Name Lpar Number Disk Size (G)
lpar001 1 hdisk0 10
lpar002 2 hdisk1 30

Thanks and much appreciated.

Jaix

A vhost adapter on a VIOS is mapped to an LparID/VirtualSlotNumber

And lsmap -all shows for each vhost to which LparID it is connected (the number is in hex). So you'll need some nifty scripting to get the lsmap output squeezed into the format you want. VIOS doesn't know Lpar names based on Lpar IDs...

There also can be vhost adapters which aren't (yet) connected to their Lpar (because it is not running for instance), then lsmap -all will show it connected to 0x0000000000.

HTH,

p5wizard

Hi p5wizard

Thanks for the info.. I can then just use this lsmap output together with the output from lssyscfg/lshwres to map the Lpar_IDs to Names ? (with some scripting)

Thanks!

It's been probably done before... I'd google for some examples

HTH,

p5wizard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back