Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to make the sysload if I have a modem connection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beauty1982

Programmer
May 29, 2008
MX

Hi folks!

I need to make a sysload, but I have a modem connection, because I'm on a remote site, how can I perform this activity?

Thanks in advance

But, somebody told me I need a modem, what is it for?

You just now told us you had a modem - so do you still need one if you have one?

[©] GHTROUT.com [⇔] Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators - You Can Hire Me Too

Hi GHTROUT:

Somebody told me that in order to make the sysload (I'm in a remote PC), I need a modem. I would like to know how to use it in order to make the sysload.

Ah... so you have never logged into this remote PBX before, except when you were at the site.

If there is a modem connected to the PBX - and you want to log into that PBX, you also need a modem on your PC.

Then you use a comm program, like Procom or Hyperterm, to dial the remote PBX's modem number, and magically, you become connected to the PBX - just like you were at the site.

The traditional PC modem we use today was introduced in 1981. They are a wonder of technology.

[©] GHTROUT.com [⇔] Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators - You Can Hire Me Too

Thanks bigindian65 and GHTROUT, I really appreciate it

As far as I know, a remote reboot can only be done in "pdt" for the 1000e systems. It can also be done via LD 143 for the SSC cards and LD 43 for the very old Option 11 cartridge versions.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

Being an E system, should have a cisco vpn, other secure telnet setup to the site.

Mato' Was'aka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back