Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to make second seperate phone ring after 3 rings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 7, 2005
US
Hello,

I have a merlin magix system, our front desk rings four times and then goes to voicemail. We now want our front desk to ring 4 times and then after that ring another extension, is that possible by using the front programming phone and not the software?

If the second phone is a multi-line set you can get it to cover there but you may not get the four ring delay like you want. What kind of set is it and is the set you want to cover the operator? lg

what i should say is our front desk has four phones in a group that ring at the same time, if nobody answers any of the four phones after 3 or 4 rings i want the other extension outside the group to ring

Do these four extensions login and logout of the group when they don't want to take calls? What is the group number? You will most likely have to put the phone you want to use as a backup in its own group...and since this group goes to voice mail as an overflow....the new group with this one set in it will have to be a support group for the main group. Let me know about the logging in and out and the group number. This is not really clean or simple but it could probably be done. lg

i have a printout i got from the avaya support and it says group# 770 and autologin

Does that help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back