Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to make Screen resolution Independent ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bzac

Programmer
Dec 20, 2000
US
How can I convert an application made for 1024 x 768 screen resolution to 800 x 600 resolution ?. There are a lot of forms and charts to adjust manually. Please help me with some ideas.

Best way to help you is to advise you not to do write your own code. Look into the third party controls that provide this capability. I spent many hours trying to resolve this resolution issue. While I was successful with simple form as they grew more complex containing different fonts, different controls, header regions, footer regions, etc, I found the solution must include much more than just shrinking and expanding objects on the form. It also dealt with what resolutions could display what fonts so they could be read, where to draw the line with sizes, etc. I decided it wasn't worth the effort expending the number of hours needed when I could just drop a control on the form and use it's methods.

Steve Growth follows a healthy professional curiosity

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the suggestion. Can you please tell me what are the third party controls for screen resolution and from where I can get it ?

Any VB Mag would have listed at least a couple. I get Visual Basic Programmer's Journal and they list:

Total Components Sizer from Olectra Resizer
Then, of course, you can sign up for the 'ActiveX Controls and DLLs to get information.

Then you can go to magazine based websites, like to get links for controls.

Steve King Growth follows a healthy professional curiosity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back