Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to make "Autokey"? 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

catty1160

Technical User
Mar 10, 2003
US
I want to make some autokeys thah can bring in a paragraph of text into the field after I just type the autokeys(Key letters). Ex:

Autokeys(Key letters) Text

b Beginner class- Room 102

in intermediate class- Room 103

ad Advanced class - romm 105

I need the codes to make the program be able to input all the text for me after I just type the key letters, Ex:"b", maybe plus another key to indicate using of autokey, then the whole texts ("b" for "Beginner class... ", "in" for "intermediate class-...", .. and so on)will be entered into the field. Anybody can help? Thanks.

Catty

Sorry I was so long in responding, I have been busy.

If you use someone else's code, you must be prepared to debug it. If you can't debug it, you shouldn't be using it.

The answer to why your newly-created keycodes aren't being recognized is quite simple and should be easy to find.

As far as why certain macros seem to disable other macros, perhaps you should try tracing the code and finding out why. I would especially suggest you examine cases where two (or more) macros start with the same set of characters. Then, spend some time thinking about how you can tell 'abd' from 'abdP' while the user is typing. You may find you don't to allow macros that start with characters in another macro. OR, maybe you can code up some method based on how much time has passed since the last character.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back