Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to make my form locate specific database reords in Paradox 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

crystalaid

IS-IT--Management
Jun 11, 2003
AU
Hello.. this is Brad "donw under" in Australia

I am having trouble with my form in Paradox ver 10
I have created a form in ObjectPal and it works OK in locating "next" or "previous" record.(each of our records have a serial number)
Could someone please help me with How I can create a button or field that I can type in a specific serial number and it will locate that serial number record. At present I have to keep hitting the "next" record button until I finally get to the record I need in my form. We have 22,000 records, so sometimes it takes a long time scrolling thru to find the record I need.

Also can I have a form on the screen and edit the data which will then be edited in the main table.?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Bye for now and many thanks
Brad

Brad,

In design mode place a pushbutton on the form using the button expert. During the process the 'expert' will ask what type of functionality the button requires. You can then choose either 'Locate Record' or even 'Locate Next Record'. Failing that you can always assign the following code to the pushbutton event:

menuAction(MenuRecordLocateValue)

Trust this helps.

Paul

Hey Paul,

Very many thanks.... this worked well and solved the problem.

Really do appreciate your help. This is a great service and wish I would have stumbled across the forum earlier... would have saved me a lot of grey hairs.

Nice and warm 25 degrees down here in Australia today even though we are in Winter. Looks like we are in for a real hot Summer in November.

Friday afternoon here, so have a great week-end and hopefully we can talk again one day

Many thanks and very best regards
Brad
brad@crystalaid.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back