Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to make multi value field work in crosstab report(Impromptu)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MitraMIS

MIS
Jun 22, 2004
US
Hi group;

How can I group a multi value field in crosstab report.

This works in "Simple list report" but not in "Crosstab".

I'm showing total sales amount and sales rep in my report. If there are more than one sales rep, then it shows the sales dollar twice. In simple list report I do grouping by sales rep and it solves this issue.
How can I do this in crosstab report.

TIA;

Mitra

MitraMIS, I don't think I understand what you're trying to accomplish. Could you give us a visual representation of the values?

I am what I am based on the decisions I have made.

DoubleD [bigcheeks]

In my cross report, row is "Customer name" and "Sales Rep", column is "Yr" and cell is "total $ invoiced".

If a cusotmer has two sales rep then invoice dollar is showing twice.

Customer Name Sls Rep 2005

Optimum... 2175 $4000
2210 $4000
-----------
Total $8000

How can I group invoice dollar by customer name? I need the total to be $4000.

Thanks for your help;

Mitra

Mitra,
Excellent illustration.
Do you have $ Invoiced stored at a Sales Rep level? If so, I would suggest using that value instead of Total $ Invoiced. You can sum the dollars by Sales Rep to get to the Total $ Invoiced.
If the data is not available at that level, what is the reason for displaying Sales Rep in the report?

If you could explain the purpose of the report it might help me understand why it is necessary to display Sales Rep when there are no measures associate with it.

I am what I am based on the decisions I have made.

DoubleD [bigcheeks]

Thanks DoubleD.
I will try to get the $invoiced from sls rep file.
Dollar in invoice file is based on comm rate and also what percent of sales order they get commission from.
So I thougt there might be a way that I'm not aware of to do it instead of making calculation field to come up with total$ invoiced.
Thanks for putting me in the right direction.

Mitra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back