Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to make flash load quickly? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MicahMA

Technical User
May 19, 2003
US
Every flash site out there loads quickly for me accept my own. Do I need to condense it? And if so, what program is used to do that?

its all to do with file size

if the size of your movie is too large then look for ways to reduce it. load as much text , images, and sound as you can dynamically.

hi,

well its not too difficult to reduce a file size if you have certain thing in mind while exporting the flash file to swf.

1) try your optimized images, do it either in macromedia fireworks or adobe image ready.

2) try to lower down sound quality, in sound properties in flash 22 KHz works good.

3) in small sound loop use ADPCM type in sound property other wise incase of large sound file use MP3.

4) incase of vector art you can optimize them by going to modify menu and them click optimize, change the desired settings.

5) make a good preloader

i hope that will solve your problems.

It also depends how you have built your site. If you have one big Flash file, it could take a while to load. Your site will load quicker if it is broken up into seperate swf files which are loaded only when needed.

frozenpeas

Regards,

cubalibre2.gif

I recommend you use Flash optimizing tools, they do a great job in compressing and optimizing swf. I use Flash Optimizer (check it out at ) and it manages to optimize as well separate parts of swf with about 50-70% optimization result. You won't have to wait for Flash to load...

Has anyone tried the Flash Optimizer Lite? I noticed in it's promo that it doesn't optimize images, wondered if anyone could comment on that.
Thanks,
TechNoKnow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back