Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to make CS3 file illustrator 8 compatible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron33

Technical User
Mar 2, 2010
US
Hi. I have CS3 illustrator but need to convert it to an illutrator 8 compatible EPS. How do I do this? I know how to make it an EPS, but how do I make it illustrator 8 compatible? Thanks for any help.

'save as' and once you are in the setup screen for the eps, the drop menu at the top has the older versions; just select ver8

'There is no LEASH LAW for the IMAGINATION!'
myspace.com/erixworx

When I do "save as" and select eps format, I don't see any options to choose the older versions. The only options I am given are eps, ait, pdf, svgz, svg. When I select eps, no other options are given. Am I missing something obvious? Should I be doing something differently? Thanks.

it's the next screen; the box says 'eps options' @ the top and at the top left there's a drop-menu that says 'version' to the left of it. select eps version from that list

'There is no LEASH LAW for the IMAGINATION!'
myspace.com/erixworx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back