Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to make an executable file or a setup for the Access?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaya17

Programmer
Feb 9, 2004
SG
hi, i have a Access database, and my application is to manage the database, like query, insert, delete or update. i also have another windows application to launch from my application.

i have finished implementing stage, but how to make an executable file(or something like a set up) to deliver the applicaton?

as i have never delivered such programs before, your suggestions would be of much help to me.

thanks in advance.

regards,
kaya

Kaya,

Is your application intended for users that do not have a copy of Access already installed? To create a self-executable version, you will need to have the Developer's edition for starters.

Cheers
Bill

Hi, bill,
no, my application is to run with the Access already installed.

my concern is how to set the directory of the access file, so that my program can find it and do something to it?

thanks for your further help!

regards,
kaya

hi kaya,

A simple dos batch file may be suitable

If so create a file setup.bat containing the following text

md c:\MyAppFolder
copy MyApp.mdb c:\MyAppFolder\*.*
del MyApp.mdb

Just get users to copy both files (your App & the batch file) in to the same folder and double click on the batch file. This will copy the db file into a folder which it creates to your specification.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back