Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to make a graphic symbol move in the background

Status
Not open for further replies.

avinsinanan

Programmer
Jul 14, 2002
TT
Hello I have a problem. I am making a web page.
Ok here is a description of the layout of my webpage. It has
3 sections. The top where people can advertise ( sort of like hotmail..the top portion is about 1 inch in height and a web page lenght long).

The remaining web page is divided into 2 portions ie. a vertical line divides the remaining portion into two parts.
The LHS portion is smaller than the right hand side (RHS). The LHS has buttons and everytime one of the buttons is pressed a different message is displayed on the RHS.

Ok Ican make the diffreent messsages appear in the RHS by using the buttons.. The problem is the portion on top. I want an avvertisment ( a simple motion tween) to be moving the the top area independently of what is going on in the lower two portions. Any idea of what to do? I tried layers. Any Ideas?

Thanks
yours respecfully
Avin Sinanan

What you need to do is make the simple tween up top into a Movie Clip. To do this select all the layers & frames that the tween is on. Then go to Edit > Copy Frames. Next go to Insert > New Symbol. Name the tween what you like and make sure Movie Clip behavior is selected. The stage area will change to the edit Movie Clip area. In the Timeline select the 1st frame of Layer 1 and go to Edit > Paste Frames. This will paste all the frames you copied into the motion clip. You can then return to the scene you were working in and place the new Movie Clip on it's on frame. This will play continously regardless of what else is going on in the rest of the movie.

Here's a link to a quick example I worked up.

hope this helps

Cullen
Graphic Artist / Web Designer
cullen@ulanji.com

To Cullen (TechnicalUser),

Thanks for the advise. I understood most of it but i did not understand the last piece.. ie.

"You can then return to the scene you were working in and place the new Movie Clip on it's on frame. This will play continously regardless of what else is going on in the rest of the movie."

How do u place the movie clip on its won frame? I've tried everything... Can u help me out again please.... thanks

yours respectfully
Avin Sinanan

Put the new Movie Clip on its OWN layer or frame in the timeline.

sorry about that. hope that helps.

Cullen
cullen@ulanji.com
Graphic Artist/ Web Designer.

Hey thanks... but it works.
It onlt works when u CUT and Paste the frames not copy and paste...well on my comp anyway

Thanks for all the help

yours respectfully
Avin Sinanan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back