Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to make a button for donatives that do not affects sales

Status
Not open for further replies.

alrmd

Programmer
Aug 19, 2013
MX
I need to make a button in order to receive donatives, I want this donative adds to the total check, but I do not want this button affects my sales. I use Micros 3700, 4.9 and 3.2 versions with EM Software.
I Know how to manage this button through tracking groups and taxes, but i do not know how to exclud it from sales.
I would appreciate any idea.
Thanks in advanced.

Non-rev would work, but you can't add them onto an existing check.
Micros added a menu item class option called "Suppress from Net Sales Total" in Res4.4 that may work for your 4.9 systems. You may be out of luck with 3.2 though.

How is the payment being handled? Cash in the till? If you use standard service charge it wont add to sales (just to revenue -like a tip) but make sure not to link or post to tips or taxed. (on svc form) Ok for revenue as you need to offset the method of how the donation is being paid...cash, cc. Unlike Non-rev you can add them to existing check.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back