Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to maintain the value

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASPnetNovice

Programmer
Apr 28, 2005
US
I have the following question:

I created some kind of wizard that consist of 4 differents pages to gather information from a user.

I will like to maintain all the data entered by the user temporarily saved in some kind of hash table until the user reach the last page.

Only when the user reach the last page and is satisfied with his entry I will like to commit or store the data in the database .

My question is how can I do this is there any built in capability to do this ?

You could create a Class that has a variable for all your information...then just send along your session variable as a class object

1st page

Dim person as New MyClass
person.Name = txtName.text
person.phone = txtPhone.text

Session("p") = person

2nd Page

dim p as New MyClass
p = ctype(session("p"),MyClass)
p.gender = ddlGender.selecteditem.text

"...we both know I'm training to become a cagefighter...see what happens if you try 'n hit me..."

Thanks Checkai,
I will try what you suggest. Just to ask - is a 'session' based approach the only route that you know of? Is it possible to pass cariable values from one .aspx page class to another - or is the scope available to variables in a class limited to that class - even public variables?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back