Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to: mail box on two clients please? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

PalmStrike

Technical User
Jul 31, 2002
GB
How can you set it up so that two PC's can pick up from the same mailbox with Microsoft Exchange 5.5 please, it doesn't matter is one is some sort of primary account and the other isn't.

Simple. Create an account in Outlook on each computer. The messages reside on the server unless you create a rule that would automatically move incoming messages to a pst. Thus, they can be accessed from any computer on the network.

This is what I can't seem to do, I can only asign one mail box to one user account, I need to know how to set it up for multiple user accounts. Our old network guy did it for me on the email server so I can have access to view all emails, but I don't know where to look to set it up myself, unable to find any hep on the web. I beleive it is something to do with permisions somewhere, but where I don't know.

Can anyone point me in the right directions please?

Go to permissions tab on the mailbox in Exchange Administrator, add the NT user account as a user of the mailbox.

Jessica

Jessica,

Thanks for reading between the lines. It seemed to me (obviously) that he simply wanted to open the same mailbox from two computers - not by two different users.

Bob

absolutely Bob, it just language barrier, I new to all this computer thing. ;o)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back