Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to lock Home page in IE

Status
Not open for further replies.

miha

IS-IT--Management
Mar 18, 2002
SI
Hello to everybody!

I have a problem with IE users in my Firm. They constantly change Home page field in IE. I tryed with locking (hiding) of Tools/Internet options menu but it doesn't work. When they wisit a page with "Do you want to set this page as your Home page?" they don't even read it, they just click YES.
Does anybody have an idea how to stop that?

By!

If I may ask, why are they not allowed? [sub]If the answer is here, mark it, others can benefit from it too. If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, excpect random guesses or no replies at all. Please specify details.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC!
[/sub]

They are not alowed to change it because there are multiple users on one PC and the default home page must be set to our Intranet URL where they can find informations, form, notes, etc.
Not all users are friends with PC so changing the home page to other URL just gives them and me a headache.
Hope I answerd your question!

Yes.
Well, is there no company policy in place?
Works better then all the tools if the user knows they get in trouble if changing something. [sub]If the answer is here, mark it, others can benefit from it too. If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, excpect random guesses or no replies at all. Please specify details.
[/sub]

How can you say to someone "You did this!" when the PC is in public place and employees are runing in and out of office or room where PC is?
I can't create username an PWD for all employees in our firm. So we have a general username and pwd. One for administrators and one for other users.

O, I see, you did not mention a public place though.
Go with the tools then. [sub]If the answer is here, mark it, others can benefit from it too. If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, excpect random guesses or no replies at all. Please specify details.
[/sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back