Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to locate free extension numbers within dialing plan of CM ? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Optman

Technical User
Apr 14, 2011
MA
Hi all

we have a customer runing avaya CM V 5.2..now we want to add some new IP extensions, and we need to find free extension's number within dialing plan on the system.

I believe there is command CLI to display all stations (list station)...but Im asking if there is command to use for finding only unused numbers ?

Thanks

Regards

Do you currently Avaya Site Administration to access the PBX? If so, ASA has a utility under General tab, called Find Unused Extensions. It will poll the system for dial plan and extension ranges and then will do a search for you for unused extensions based on the settings of your query. You can also do add station next, to see what it gives you next in the sequence.

You can also use list station y count xx (can be any quantity), it will just list the next xx stations in sequence. Can also use list extension y count xx, that will list all extensions in the system where list station is just stations.

Use this command and then cancel out of it. It will provide you a list of 10 unassigned extensions beginning with
the first in the 2000 range.

Command: duplicate station 1001 start 2000 count 10

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

39 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 29 years and counting
[URL unfurl="true"]http://bshtele.com[/url]

Dear Optman ,

I Hope the above answers given by avayastrongman79 and AvayaTier3 clear your point.I am also doing by the same way.

Dear all ,
i have problem in updating the contact list of the Ip phones .Its hard to update them one by one ..need help so that all the phones get the updated contact list

Thank you !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back