Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to load and display a bitmap/image from file

Status
Not open for further replies.

nanzp

Programmer
Feb 24, 2000
IE
Hi,<br>
I am trying unsuccessfully to load a bmp from file and display it in a view. I don't want to do anything fancy with it. I have found resources and programs (CDIB and LoadDib etc) that people have written to accomplish this but none of them seem to work.<br>
If anyone knows where I may find some code that does this or a simple component that I can download(free) I would be very grateful,<br>
Thanks in advance<br>

The book &quot;Visual C++ MFC Programming By Example&quot;, by John E. Swanke describes how to do this and includes source code on the CD that I have used successfully to create a splash screen for an application from a bitmap file. This is described on pages 168-174 and 341-349. You can probably find a copy at a local library. It is also usually in stock at several national chain book stores in my area. I found it had several useful examples. (Note: I have no connection to the author or publisher of the mentioned book. I just own a copy.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back