Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How To Link Txt Boxes and CBO Boxes to fields in tables 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

DBSSP

Programmer
Apr 1, 2002
US
It's me again! This time I have a question of form/table issue. I created the form 1st in order to figure out how I wanted to do the table structure. Now I'm having an issue trying to "link" the text boxes and combo boxes to their respective table fields for input. I tryed going through the builder, but it doesn't work, I keep getting the #name? error.
Here is an example of what appears in the Control Source field;

[tt] = [Scheduling]![BDate][/tt]

What am I doing wrong? What should I do?

Thanks,

Jay

Oh yeah, P.S., I know this isn't really a code question, but I figured if there would code involved I would be one step ahead by posting here.

Jay

Jay,

At the risk of over simplifying it. In the properties box for the control there is a 'source' field, nect to this field is a drop down arrow as well as the ... for the expression builder.

When you click the drop down you should get all the possibles you can link to.

Does this work ?

Dan

Am I looking in the wrong spot? I don't see any option like that for any of the controls properties. I gotta be missing something somewhere.

Jay

Okay, What do I gotta do and where do I hafta do it at? I do appreciate the help thus far.

Jay

Jay,

Open your form in design view. Highlight the txtBox, righ-click then go to the properties, look under the data tab, then go to control source and hit the 3 dots. It should show you the feild names of the file.

If it doesn't then you need to exit all of that and open the form up in design view. There is a square at the top left of the form. Double-click that. Go to the data tab, and hit the upside down triangle in the recordsource. Select your table name here, then do all of the above paragraph again.

Hope this helps

Hi Jay!

The first thing you need to do is set the Record Source of the form to the table you made. After that you will get a drop down arrow in the Control Source for the controls and you will be able to choose the field you want to link the control to.

hth
Jeff Bridgham
bridgham@purdue.edu

Hey, Thanks to you all for the valuable info. I told ya I was missin' something easy, lol

Jay [3eyes]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back