Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to link contacts from a custom database?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dalchri

Programmer
Apr 19, 2002
US
I have several contacts in a custom database that is part of a different application on our network. The database is MySQL database and I have use an ODBC provider for connectivity.

I know how to access exchange to get its contacts out but I need to go the other direction because our custom application needs to work offsite where exchange is not available.

Does anyone know if there is a way to get either exchange or outlook to link into this database for its contacts?

Basically, I need a way for our users to be able to pull the email addresses out of our database when they create a new email message. I don't mind using Access if that is how you might know to do it.

Seems like this should be a pretty common problem but I can't find anything but 3rd party synchronization software on the net.

Thank you for suggestions!

Hi, Im having the same problem. Does anyone know how to do this ?
THanks,
Amit

Hi,
I am also looking for same kind of solution. We have our employee database, it is updated through various client server and web based applications. If exchange/outlook can access those tables, then it will be very easy to send emails from a dynamically type database.
thanks,

I hope this helps!
From their site:
If you are interested in accessing some of the other properties in a JebContact other than those provided, the following code allows you to do it.

// myContact is a contact retreived from a Contact folder
com.intrinsyc.cdo.Message contact = (com.intrinsyc.cdo.Message)myContact.getProxy();

Are you looking for do it yourself code, or third party software?

X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back