Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to know the installed firmware version? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

omasnjak

Technical User
Jun 1, 2008
CZ
Hi all,

as headline say " How to know the installed firmware version "
in case I have an windows 2003 server for particular hardware part ( eg, net. card, cd, dvd rom, MB) . Or what to press during boot up to find out firmware version is used for some hardware part.

Any info is welcome.

Thank you in advance

yes exactly, but I do not have it ....I need some tool, or whatever to see what firmware is used let say by dvd rom ...or else.
I am surfing a lot but, believe or not, did not find something useful

Thank you for answer.

If you have the correct Proliant software installed (Support Pack), you can view the HP System Management Homepage by clicking on the icon it installs (can be found under Start / Programs / HP Management Agents) or by browsing to (where servername is your server name or IP Address).

You login using valid credentials and the information you need (plus more) should be in there.

--------------------------------------
"Insert funny comment in here!"

Plus the firmware update cd is free...
Lad, you're right! Forgot about that---I guess I was assuming since the person did not know about the firmware cd that perhaps he/she would not have the support pack stuff loaded...

Burt

Hi all, I have installed just W2k3 server. Bare installation, nothing else, I am wondering is there some way to see firmware version in windows, or some othet tool.

Thank you and regards

Download the Proliant Support Pack from the HP website and after you have installed it, you can use the HP System Management Homepage. That would be far easier than trying to find an alternative...

"Insert funny comment in here!"

TheLad thank you for you comments :) Will try PSP tomorrow. Will post here results, but I hope it will help me to discover firmware used on server.

With regards,

Omasnjak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back