Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to keep the bios clock up to date

Status
Not open for further replies.

wily5150

Technical User
Apr 12, 2004
US
I'm running xp pro. This a new comp that I just built, and it is water cooled. I shut down the tower when I'm not home, to save hours on the water pump. So when I turn it back on the windows clock is off (which is not a problem), but the bios clock is off also. Even when the power is off the ps is still feeding power to the mobo. I know this due to the green light being on on the mobo. I'm not sure what to due about this. It's not a problem, but it is annoying.

Michael Williams

Could you have not installed the battery when you put together your computer? Or maybe it is istalled upside down (mabye???).

Well, there is a battery on the mobo now, and everything is brand new, including the battery. Could it still be the battery? If so where might I buy one? It's an Asus mobo. Are all the mobo batteries the same? Thanks for the imput.

Michael Williams

I think as long as you have the same kind of battery (the number on the back of the battery itself) you should be good to go. You could probably even pick one up at your local drug store, Wal-mart, target, whatever works. Or you could search online if ur in a hurry.

Thanks for the imput, I can do that

Michael Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back