Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to keep mouse wheel from scrolling through records? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

vertices

IS-IT--Management
Oct 19, 2002
US
This sounds like a fairly simple problem but I can't seem to find out how to do this.

I have several forms that control the flow of data in and out through buttons and everything is checked along the way. However if you roll the mouse wheel it spins you up or down in the records bypassing my code.

Is there any way to turn this off so the wheel does not scroll through records?

I even disabled the mouse wheel while using MSACCESS.EXE using control panel. This should disable the wheel completely in access. However this damn wheel continues to work even when it's told not to.

How frustrating!!

~Bump~

Come on, anyone?!?! I really need help with this.

Hi there. I am having the same problem. This is my first time trying to find help on the web. If you find an answer please let us know. good luck to both of us. This is a very frustrating situation.

It is not an easy solution. Check out the following article from Billy:

Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 278379
ACC2000: How to Detect and Prevent the Mouse Wheel from Scrolling Through Records in a Form

Basically, it says to create a activex control and reference it in Access. It has a solution for Access only code, but there are a lot of caveats for doing this.

[pc] Anthony J. DeSalvo
President - ScottTech Software
"Integrating Technology with Business"

Hi
I have the solution to your problem (curtesy of Myron, JSS Software Solutions)
Please email me at wrangh.railtrack@ems.rail.co.uk
and i will send you the required code and the dll to go with it
Regards
Hans

The knowledge base Article

ACC2000: How to Detect and Prevent the Mouse Wheel from Scrolling Through Records in a Form

Worked absolutely perfect!! Thanx guys!

I searched the knowledge base but somehow I didn't find that before. You guys once again saved the day! This forum is great!!!! Thanx again!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back