Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to java image array

Status
Not open for further replies.

artz

Programmer
Feb 22, 2000
CA
how to make the same function like java?<br>with a back button and next button that<br>trigger 'lil mc1, mc2, mc3, mc4, mc5.<br>right now my mc1 plays onload even with a stop action on it .... click the next button and the mc2 plays with the mc1. ???? Not a pretty sight.<br><br>I'm confused and need help.<br><br>Thanks,<br>artz<br><br>

I think that you need to explain your question a little bit better. It is hard to understand when you are not seeing the project and have no clue about the designer's idea.<br><br>Thanx. <p>Fernando Regueiro<br><a href=mailto:ferhelping@yahoo.com>ferhelping@yahoo.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Hi Fernando,<br><br>I'm sorry for being so vague.&nbsp;&nbsp;I have ...<br><br>- a series of images done up as little movie clips.<br>- a target area that these mc's would flip in.<br>- a &quot;back&quot; button & &quot;next&quot; button that a viewer would use to flip through the images.<br><br>If I display only one image with the timeline as<br>layer2 - frame1&lt;-label mc1<br>layer1 - frame1&lt;-target area & button with<br>-----<br>On (Release)<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Begin Tell Target (&quot;/mc1&quot;)<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Play<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;End Tell Target<br>End On<br>-----<br>It works fine, but I need to display more and can't get it to work.<br>All the images play on the first click. I just assumed one could just add more images and tt the but as shown below.<br>layer3 - frame1 &lt;-label mc3<br>layer2 - frame1 &lt;-label mc2<br>layer2 - frame1 &lt;-label mc1 <br>layer1 - frame1 &lt;-target area & button with<br>-----<br>On (Release)<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Begin Tell Target (&quot;/mc1&quot;)<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Play<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;End Tell Target<br>End On<br>On (Release)<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Begin Tell Target (&quot;/mc2&quot;)<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Play<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;End Tell Target<br>End On<br>On (Release)<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Begin Tell Target (&quot;/mc3&quot;)<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Play<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;End Tell Target<br>End On<br>-----<br><br>I really appreciate you having a crack at this. I've tried many variations and now I'm confused.<br><br>Thanks,<br>artz

OK, I am trying to get it.<br>Your images are like in a scrolling area and you can only see one at a time but you have more. Correct?<br><br>You try to go to the next image and play it when you click the &quot;next&quot; button and so on. Same thing with back. OK?<br><br>Are your images movie clips (animation) or graphics (static)?<br><br>Do you load each movie clip when the user clicks the next button or load all of them at the beginning of the movie?<br><br>Maybe a link to your page would be helpful.<br><br>Next time you explain, I will get it and give you the solution.<br><br>TAKE CARE.<br> <p>Fernando Regueiro<br><a href=mailto:ferhelping@yahoo.com>ferhelping@yahoo.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

I have a specific area for the images to display by clicking the next button *an arrow to view each mc, and a back *arrow for repeat of the same images.<br>The images are movie clips. I've had a suggestion to include a variable=1, etc. and I will give that a try first.<br>I am working with a dummy fla at the moment. If I still have probs implementing the new codes, you would mind if I sent you the zipped fla to have a look at?<br><br>thanks,<br>artz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back