Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to invoke rexx panel from jcl

Status
Not open for further replies.

gpinaki

Programmer
Aug 7, 2002
IN
I have a rexx program that throws a panel. Now I want to run this rexx program thru JCL. I tried but got some error.
can some body send me a sample jcl that runs a rexx program associated with a panel?

Start with the Dialog Developer's Guide and Reference in ch.2.13, "ISPF Services in Batch Mode".

If the process is one that you (in fact) can run in the background, your JCL must allocate all the necessary ISPF filenames: ISPLOG, ISPPROF, ISPPLIB, ISPSLIB, ISPMLIB, ISPTLIB... possibly others, too, depending on the actual process. You must then start execution by "ISPSTART CMD(...)" in SYSTSIN.

also you havve to know, if you are in batch or foreground. in batch you habe to set your variables and in frotn you invoke the display service you have to make clear, that your panel will not wait for a user action

:
address ispexec
if run_in_batch() then do
"control display lock"
"display panel(pname)"
/* set your variables */
end
else do
"display panel(pname)"
end
:
exit