Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to install office in windows 2000 server?

Status
Not open for further replies.

william6789

Technical User
Mar 14, 2003
CA
Hi,
I want to install office 2000 in my windows 2000 server, but the system rejected it. I installed it long time ago in windows 2000 server, but I do not know why this time this new insatlled server did not work. Can anybody tell me how to install it?
Thanks in advance!
Best regards

There is no difference to install it on a server or a workstation. Of course you need the permissions to install something.
BTW, it is never a good idea to use a server to work on Office files.

But, what is the reason for not wanting to install, surely it must give some error or something.

Marc
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all. Please specify details.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC!
[/sub]

Hi,
Thanks. I installed office in the server because I am learing it, but I have to use it for my work also.
When I tried to install it, the error message is " some default setting in Micorsofe office 2000 setup do not work properly on a windows terminal server......"
I do not know how to configue it. Thanks again.

You have to use add/remove programs in control panel to install Office with Terminal Server running. It will not install using setup from the cd

True.
William, next time, mention all details (like Terminal server) , that would have explained it the first time.

Hi,
Thanks. I used add/remove programs in control panel to install Office with Terminal Server running, and it gave me the above mentioned problem. I did not install office from CD directly.
What is the problem?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back