Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to install nw6sp3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakess

Technical User
Apr 17, 2000
ZA
I'm new to Netware 6 and dont know how to install this support pack. ARJ????
please help i'm lost

from the console,

load nwconfig

It is basically the old install.nlm

Product Options, Install Products not Listed

Have the SP exploded in one of the netware volumes on that server and navigate to that directory, whala. It will begin installing....
Steve

Yes that part i tried but dont get any further when extrating the exe. After....Verifying ARJ-SECURITY envelope... it just hangs forever

give it more time because it DOES take forever. It's a huge file....

One comment about exploding the file:
If you just double-click on the nw6sp3.exe file to explode it, it will often not work right.

The best way to do this is to open a command prompt & then invoke the .exe

------------
Bill
Consultant / Network Engineer
CNE, CCNA

Bill, true. This I believe is something in Windows and it might even be correctable but nevertheless, I always use a command prompt when exploding files for that reason....
Steve

You might want to make sure your path is not too long. I have found that the closer to the root drive you explode the file, the faster it works. Don't ask me why??

HTH
Ed

It's true. I always put the file in the root & explode it, then clean up root later

------------
Bill
Consultant / Network Engineer
CNE, CCNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back