Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to install multiple systme (linux, windows server and professional

Status
Not open for further replies.

william6789

Technical User
Mar 14, 2003
CA
Hi,
I installed windows 2000 server, windows 2000 professional and Linux in my computer. Now if I want to use windows professional, I have to selecte windows or Linux in the beginning menu, then in windows multiple seletcion menu, select windows 2000 professional. That is very inconvenient. I want to put two windows system in the first selection menu(for example, Linux, windows server, and professional in three different line) so that I can select any window system in one time.
I am trying to modify the boot.ini. First, I could not find this file in my computer, even though I used searching tools. Second, I do not know how to modify it.
I appreciat any help or advice for you.

Best Regards

William

If u can't find boot.ini,
You can always open a command prompt and
type: edit boot.ini
This will give you the dos edit screen to edit the boot.ini

kev01,
Thanks. I used dos command but it opened a new file named boot.ini under folder of "C:/docume~1/admini~1/". Is there a boot.ini in windows 2000 server or professional? If it does exist, why I could not search it out?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back