Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to install iSCSI software initiator on RHEL4 (64-bit) 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

forbsy

MIS
Apr 16, 2002
CA
I was wondering if anyone has performed a Red Hat Linux Enterprise iSCSI install before? I need guidence on how to install and configure the iSCSI software initiator on RHEL4 update 5 (64-bit). I'd like to set up iSCSI multipathing for redundency as well.
If you can either provide documentation or point me in the right direction, i'd really appreciate it.

Cheers

Thanks! There was no mention on how to set-up iscsi multipathing. Anyone have any experience doing that with Red Hat Enterprise Linux?

Usually your storage provider should have a multipathing software available. Check with them first

Wouldn't that software need to come from the OS (host) providor? In this case Red Hat Linux. The storage providor is Network Appliance btw.
I know Microsoft's iscsi software initiator has multipath options built-in. I'm thinking that the Linux initiator must have similar options?

Cheers

Thanks all. I took the advice of itsp1965. Network Appliance has great documentation outlining how to get it going. I got everything working fine.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back