Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to install Cumulative Patch for SQL Server 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleCake

Technical User
Feb 4, 2002
US
I am trying to update my SQL Server 2000 for the first time and I just wanted to confirm that I am reading the directions correctly. I am doing the patch.

From what I have read I stop the services and make a copy of some dll's and a few other files. Then I copy the same dll's that were unzipped from the download and paste them over the existing ones in the corresponding folders.

I start the services back up and run the servpriv.exe in command prompt, which will come up after I double click on the file it will open up automatically and update the required files.

Does this sound correct?

-Uncle Cake

That is correct.
There is a .txt file that comes with the patch that should give you the exact steps you need to perform.

SQL Server security patches tend to be a lot of copying/replacing files and running scripts, unlike most other windows patches that, for the most part, install themselves.

Thanks lemosley01. I went ahead and tried it on my development server and it looks like it is still running.

-Uncle Cake

how do your run the script on a sql 7.o server?

marc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back