Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to install Cisco router 2500 back to back to Cisco Router 2611.

Status
Not open for further replies.

IS-IT--Management
Dec 19, 2002
US
How can I install bacl to back a Cisco Router 2500 to a 2611 when there is no wan interface on the back of the 2611 router? I have the cross over cable ready. Need help with the configuration back to back
thanks

Im guessing you need a AUI Transceiver if you want to go ethernet to ethernet. The older cisco 2500 had AUI connections for ethernet. Make sure they are both 10bT. If they are not you will need an autosensing hub.

you really con't do serial to serial since the 2500 had the old Ciso serial connecters for RS232 or V.35. The new wics have RJ45 connections for the Serial interfaces.

NetEng

FYI,

The WIC-1T does not have an RJ-45, you are thinking of either the WIC-1DSU-T1 or WIC-1DSU-56K. You can buy a serial DCE to DTE interface cable to go between the 2500 series and the 2611 WIC card.

By the way, was I lied to when they said routing was fun?

i found the cables on ebay for 10 bucks apiece. db60-db60

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back