Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to Initiate Run Dialog through link etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dijital

MIS
Mar 15, 2002
US
I am not a programmer, I'm just a determined pup!

I'm trying to figure out a way to bring up the Run... dialog from a shortcut. I can pull up the control panel and virtually eveything else. The shortcut would be running through a 3rd party app called ObjectDock, and gives me a field for the EXE and a field for params... Any help at all??? I'm jsut determined to make this work!!

-Jim Connors
Technically Frustrated

If you can't find a standalone then runs it there may not be one. I'm not sure. But it's easy to call the SHRunDialog function to do it.

If you have VB you can follow the link below(go to the example code), paste the code in a project, set the Form's Visible property to False, Place the "End" command as the last line in the Form_Load sub, go to File -> Make .EXE, then point your .lnk to the .exe. You can see the text in the function call to SHRunDialog in Form_Load and just mimic Window's text there. You'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back