Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to initiate change AD user password change from workstation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkwokgs

Technical User
Jul 2, 2001
SG
Is there a VBS or AUTOIT script to do the above? Thanks

You don't need a script. You can do it from AD Users and Computers from your PC if you have the proper permissions. You can even make that change with multiple users selected. If you don't have ADUC on your PC, just install the Admin Pack for what ever version of AD you are running.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish, I'm a bit confused by your question. Are you trying to change the currently logged in users password at the workstation? If so, press CTRL-ALT-DEL and choose Change password.

I'm Certifiable, not cert-ified.
It just means my answers are from experience, not a book.

because our environment includes Novell Netware Client. We dont want the users to confuse with AD password.

You should encourage the users to keep their AD and NetWare passwords synchronised as it can only lead to problems with people logging on if you don't.

As suggested by Dave, encourage your users to use Ctrl-Alt-Del to change their password, that way both AD and NetWare passwords will be changed and synchronised.

--------------------------------------
"Insert funny comment in here!"
--------------------------------------

You are better off keeping them synch'ed, but if you insist you can change either password from ctrl-alt-del. Just select the resource(s) you want on the left.

"We must fall back upon the old axiom that when all other contingencies fail, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes

Single sign on is not allow in our environment.

how are the account sbeing created

are you utilising idm or anything
or is it create in two palace affair

Yes. account is created on both Novell and AD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back