Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to indent text fields in Crystal 8.5 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrystalSS

Technical User
Nov 15, 2002
US
I am trying to insert a text field into my report that contains many different field and formulas. I would like to have the first line left justified and the following lines indented.

I created a formula in Crystal 7 that allowed me to do this by using Chr(13) + " ".

However, in Crystal 8.5 this creates a blank line because it does the following.

Text Text Text
Indent
Text Text Text

The indent has its own line and starts a new line directly afterwards.

I have tried to use Chr(13) + Chr(9), I have tried both tab and spaces and everything I add anything extra after Chr(13) it creates this blank line.

Thanks for the help.

chr(13) is a carriage return, so you'l get a new line.

Perhaps you can show what you'd like it to look like, rather than what you don't want it to look like.

By indent I assume that you want some spaces, so it would look like:

Some information
And here's more
And even More

So the initial formula you drop in would have the Main text and then a chr(13).

All of the next formulas would have a few spaces in the beginning, and a chr(13) afterwards.

-k

Your exactly right Synapsevampire.

I am looking to get:

Line 1 Text
Line 2 Text
Line 3 Text

Since my formulas can yield different results I don't always know where the break will be.

I will see if I can modify my formulas to include the indention at the beginning of my next formula in line. Any other tips as to why this does not work in 8.5 would help as well.

Thanks everyone.

Try going to format text and check can grow and then go to the paragraph formatting tab. For "Indentations - First Line" enter something like -.3 and for "Left" enter .3 --I don't know if this feature is available in 7.0, but it is in 8.0, so should be also in 8.5.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back