Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to Increse Volume of DTMF on Meridian systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

nortelhawk

IS-IT--Management
Aug 9, 2004
GB
Hi!!

Having some problem in while logging on to some conf bridge .... it fails to login to the bridge sometimes & the service provider says that the extention DTMF tones send from My Meridian 61C to the service provider equipment i too quiet to get picked up by their equipment......they want me to increse the DTMF volume..... i wonder how can we do that.....is there is any LD or block where DTMF adjustments like this can be done....or anything related to the digitone receivers need to be checked .....Pls HELP as its really effecting our business becoz lots of ppl logon to the conf bridge regularly........

Thanks

i have never had a problem with dtmf volumne, all line reach the far end at a -16 db by fed regs, volumne reco n the far end is not a function of your switch.. i do not know of a place to adjust dtmf vol for the hearing impaired. you may have a bad dtr card, but that would be a first, when they go bad it's not a vol issue..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I had a customer with simular problem - Digital phones 50% of time could not login to Conf Bridge. Analog never a problem.

The only solution we found was the Conf Bridge provider gave then another 800 number service through a different carrier and never had problem again.

We had a similar problem also. what it ended up being is the Far End was not providing me answer supervision. even though there was a connection, the systems never completly acknowledged each other. this is may be why the bridge is not acknowledging DTMF tones.

Well really that a point i need to check with the far end ....another thing i wanted to check one thing -
in LD 97-> Type - XCTP -> DTMF - 218 . This is my LD 97 config ....how about changing the DTMF field values ......will it help.....what that field signifies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back