Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to include Text blocks in mail merge? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Houten

MIS
Aug 30, 2001
NL
Hi,
With the risk that I get a reply like RTFM (I have done that!) I like to know how I can include blocks of text depending on the value of a d/b merge field.
In a Merge document one can include a piece of text with the IF THEN ELSE condition. This is only text without field codes or tables.
I like to know if there is a facility to include complete text blocks including tables, field codes, merge fields from the database, in a document, so one can build a document with predefined text blocks and after that (or during that process) merge the data with database (= Excel) fields.
Thank you,
Onno Kruger

Thank you very much Anne,
You have directed me in the right direction. I had to find out how to include this in the IF THEN ELSE condition.
I did not know that you had to use <CTRL>+F9 for creating a fieldcode. This can be included and it works fine.
Thanks again.

Terrific! I'm sorry I hadn't been more helpful. Do a google for "meister merge" no quotes, 'cause she's the queen of field codes. I personally use them only when I'm trying to help someone.

:)

Anne Troy
Supercharge your Office Applications:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back