Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to import transparent image from photoshop to corel draw10

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuendos

MIS
Nov 4, 2003
PH
i have a tiff image that has a transparent background that i want to import to corel. my problem is when i use the export transparent image to a tiff file then import to corel it still has a white box around it which should be transparent. what can i do about it?

Um, if you already have a "transparent" TIF, why would you export it as a TIF again? Just import the TIF as-is into Draw.

im sorry i was not clear with my first post. of course if have editted the tiff in photoshop. add outerglow and in the others a drop shadow. thats why im trying to export a transparent image rather than save again because there appears to have a white border right along the sides rather than have a transparent image.

because the layer styles doesnt apply. unless i flatten the image but then it wont be transparent.

thats what i would prefer but the place i work in prefer corel draw for some of theyre layouts. dont know why... i just started working here. i myself have preferred indesign before or pagemaker. but i have no choice but to use the software here at work and to learn it.

Well, I don't know of any app, other than something from Adobe, that will import Photoshop CS files... I believe it's still a proprietary format. You can save the image back to an older version of PS - say v5 or 7 - and import that version PSD. Or redo the image in Photopaint and import the Photopaint image.

I believe there is a script at that will enable cut and paste between Adobe Illustrator CS and Draw not sure about Photoshop, might be worth a look though.
Alan

theres really no script for photoshop but the site was most helpful brushman thx

Use PNG. Corel and Tiff's are problematic with transperancy.

In PS Make sure you have the background transperent, file save as then select png as your file type.

I used corel 11 with PS 6 and it worked great. Hope this helps.

wbochar,

i'm also using Draw11 but am not having too much luck with PNG tranparency. i've posted this issue a couple of times in the last 6months at alex's oberon forum but haven't gotten any responses. i've got 100s of PNG files that i've batch created using alex's fileconvertor gms and also using irfanview3.97. the transparencies work when i import to MS Powerpoint and a couple other softwares, but they don't appear to work in CorelDraw11. i thought it might just be a display thing so i published to pdf and the lack of transparency carried through to the pdf as well. what's your secret? is there a patch that i don't know about?

thanks,
dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back